Human Head Studios, Inc. is seeking Backend Programmers for our
Madison, Wisconsin video game development studio. This position will be
responsible for contributing to our existing code base in cooperation with a
dedicated team of developers.
- Writing clean and maintainable C# code in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Building and deploying code and data changes to our cloud-based backend.
- Development and maintenance of SQL databases.
- Development of technical design specifications and implementations.
- Contributing ideas towards game production and development.
- Working with other programmers, designers, and QA.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Expertise in C/C++/C# and object-oriented design principles
- Deep Knowledge of SQL, REST API design and threading.
- Excellent debugging skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Comfortable working within an established code framework, engine, and database.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software engineering practices.
- Self-motivated individual passionate about video games.
- Experience with asynchronous and multithreaded programming.
- Experience with cross-platform development.
- Experience with Digital Ocean or AWS
- Experience with Unity
- Experience with Jenkins or other CI systems
Job Type: Full-Time