Human Head Studios is looking for a few talented people to join our team. If you're interested, please carefully review the information on this page as well as the detailed description of the positions at the links below. It is imperative that you read and follow our submission rules - non-complying submissions will not be considered!
Human Head Studios, Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary, bonuses, a full benefits plan and a casual working environment to qualified candidates.
All team members have the opportunity to contribute to their projects on a creative level. When you create a game at Human Head, you've created a game that you should be proud to point out on a shelf and call your own.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Live in the U.S. and be willing to relocate to Madison, WI.
- Be a self-starting, hard working individual capable of maintaining focus within a rigorous, deadline-driven production schedule.
- Be able to work closely on a day-to-day basis with others of different disciplines in an open, team-oriented environment.
- Have a passion for games.
Qualified applicants should submit the following materials for all job submissions:
- Cover letter
- Current resume
- Current references
- Salary requirements
- A link to your website (if available), or provided samples of your work including:
- Samples, demonstrations or documentation of work.
- If available, show code or processes developed to solve problems.
Please submit your application to email@example.com with the subject line of the particular job you're responding to.
Human Head Studios, Inc.
1741 Commercial Ave, Suite 200
Madison, WI 53704
Due to the volume of applicants, we often cannot respond to inquiries.
Human Head Studios, Inc. is seeking Technology Programmers for our Madison, Wisconsin video game development studio. This position will be responsible for contributing to our existing code base in cooperation with a dedicated team of developers.
Primary Job Functions
- Working with programmers, designers, artists, and QA
- Development of technical design specifications and implementations
- Contributing ideas towards game production and development
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Excellent debugging skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Comfortable working within an established code framework / engine
- Demonstrated knowledge of software engineering practices
- Self-motivated individual passionate about video games
- Expertise in C/C++ and object-oriented design principles
- Multiple shipped game titles to your credit
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Threaded Programming
- Console Optimization
- Experience with cross-platform development
- Expertise on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 or both